A Tokyo University graduate who has been on the G-Crew for 10 years. He has feelings of despair and nothingness towards the human race and thinks the time-span of the world is limiting. However, after meeting Hajime, he revives his enthusiasm and passion for work and to be serious as well. He works for the "Living Safety Department" of the town hall during the day, while wearing glasses and maintaining a clean, handsome appearance. However, at night his hair falls down, removes his glasses and smokes, giving him a laid-back look. He calls Hajime "little lady" and himself an "old man". He has some interest in Hajime, but hides it by being distant towards her. His NOTE color is red, in relation to Joe the Condor's color. This is up for debate since Sugane's NOTE is black, also one of Joe the Condor's colors.
Joe's Gatchaman Form is a large black and orange iron Oni with wings, a flaming head with a red face, and hands and feet that can change into rockets for flight or guns for attacks.
- Burning Rain: Joe's machine gun gauntlets shoot a hail of fiery bullets at the target.
- Flame Feather: A projectile attack. Joe throws small dart-like fire arrows at the target.
- Burning Hammer: A Rocket Punch attack. Joe's right hand is fired at the target.
- Burning Bind: A flying fist attached to a chain. Used to bind enemies.
- Joe's Gatchaman form of an Oni and his last name of Hibiki are not to be confused with the Kamen Rider of the same name.
- His Flame Feather attack is a possible nod to Joe the Condor's famous feather shurikens.